Updated: Jan 31
100 girls came to Lindsey's hometown of Burnsville, Minnesota at Buck Hill Ski & Snowboard Area to build confidence, demonstrate teamwork, and make friends this August. Lindsey joined the girls the entire weekend and opened up for camp attendees, as well as girls on the waiting list, a Q&A and autograph signing.
100% of girls said they thought the camp was fun!
100% of girls said they would participate in another LVF camp!
What did the girls learn? They said:
• How to be confident and proud of myself
• That I am a strong and beautiful individual
• That we should be happy just the way you are and to be strong!
• Observe, stop, re-place. It was this because it keeps me calm.
• I learned how to be confident in my own skin by not caring about other people’s opinion.
• That even if you don’t get along with someone you can still be great teammates.
• That I am not a failure at anything, example if I don’t do well on a test.
• You should always remember that we’re in this together, all girls can relate and have fun together.
• My body can do anything I put my mind to no matter how hard or tough.
• I can overcome anything I set my mind to! I learned to love myself no matter what! Lindsey is such an inspiration.
Parent Survey: What did we do well?
• Lindsey Vonn being so personable was a highlight for sure.
• [My daughter] loved everything about the camp. I thought it was very well organized and the information she came home with was very insightful.
• The whole weekend atmosphere was just amazing for my daughter. High level of excitement and positive energy. Fun games, experiencing strong "team work" skills, some physical challenges, and meeting new friends & Lindsey was very motivating.
• Oh my gosh - everything was AMAZING. I don't think you could be more welcoming! The energy from the moment we walked in the door was so beautiful, friendly and inclusive. It made my husband and I feel much better about leaving our introverted, quite nervous daughter.
• You taught my daughter that she can be sure of herself, she just has to believe in it. You also taught her the skill of self-
talk/motivation. She understands it really is about your thoughts and attitude. One can do things if they put their mind to it.
• Your method of encouraging girls and helping them develop self confidence is really excellent.
Thanks to ZGiRLS and Buck Hill Ski & Snowboard Area for hosting us:)